About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Clarity

Have you ever had a moment of clarity where everything is crystal clear, as if suddenly coming into focus after seeing the world through a fog? Events in one's past, like pieces of a 'time puzzle' fall into place, and for a fleeting moment everything makes sense. No matter how tightly I hold on, I feel this clarity slip through my fingers, as water seeps out of a cupped hand, my clear view drains away. Born with Gauher Disease, and now in addition suffering Parkinson's, doesn't present a cheery picture. Yet since my collection of poems have been made into a book, my life has become full of purpose, and turned around at incredible speed. I am filled with hope as I move forward on this journey of destiny. I may not know what my destination is, but I'll do my best to enjoy the ride. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elain, you keep amaize me every time I talk to you or read you blog.
    You sure are a very special lady and I wish your ride will become much happier and easier and that the cure for your sufferring will be found today!
    All the best and warmest regards,
    Michal

    ReplyDelete