About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nowhere to sit!

I am baffled by the lack of seats in shopping malls in our area. There are plenty of cafes where one can sit and have a coffee or a bite to eat, but if one merely wants to rest for a few minutes without having to order something, there are no benches or seats to be found. Do the shopping malls not take into consideration disabled persons who may need to sit down occasionally? How about the elderly, or maybe pregnant ladies, or in fact anyone who has simply gone in and out of so many shops they might possibly want to sit a little before continuing their shopping spree.  Surely shops want to encourage patrons to spend more time in their air conditioned premises hoping we'll empty our pockets and leave clutching bags full of merchandise. What I also find strange is a lack of seating in changing rooms. More than often there is no chair or bench inside a changing cubicle, and should I have the audacity to ask a member of staff for a chair, they look at me as if it has never occurred to them that anyone might need to sit down. Shopping for clothes was difficult enough before, but it is fast becoming an impossible feat. So if you own a clothing store and are reading this, check to see if you have a seat in your changing room!

No comments:

Post a Comment