About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rhyme or reason?


When diagnosed with Parkinson's four years ago, I found myself searching for rhyme or reason as to why I would have Parkinson's on top of Gaucher disease. Surely one rare chronic disease is more than enough for anyone to have. But clearly I was destined to have Parkinson's too! Whilst companionably sitting with a close friend, chatting over coffee in her beautiful garden, we tried to fathom out why on earth this was happening to me. I always believe that things happen for a reason, but coming up with a plausible reason, was harder said than done. Sometimes things aren't clear at the time, when you are immersed, and only in hindsight are we all so much wiser. Yet here I am four years later, suffering this degenerative disease 24/7, with great determination and a strong fighting spirit, I simply refuse to give in. Could having written this collection of poems that has now become a book, be my purpose? Was this the plan all along? To give a voice to those who are unable or are afraid to express their deepest feelings? Although this book tells my personal story, many people relate to it, meaning I am not alone. In some way we all share the same difficulties, fears, trials and tribulations that life throws at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment