About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Car parking fees

Being charged for the car park in a hospital just doesn't sit well with me. I find this almost callous and heartless. I hardly think someone goes to hospital for amusement or with the intention of having a good time! One is there for a jolly good reason, and would probably much rather be somewhere else entirely. People who are hospitalized for long periods of time, or have frequent tests/checkups, the cost incurred to the family on top of everything else they must be going through, just isn't right. Are hospitals so insensitive and pitiless by adding insult to injury, anyone having the misfortune to need regular hospital visits, also then have to pay for parking? I realise funding and budgets probably dictate relying on this steady income, but I do wish the hospitals would re-think this policy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment