About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Not easy

Taking care of someone with Parkinson’s disease is far from easy. The shock and realisation that life will never be the same again is a hard pill to swallow. Plans and dreams for the future are suddenly shelved and life as it once was, changes drastically touching every facet of daily routine and ability to be self-sufficient. Sadness, anger and guilt take front seat, and many deep emotions come aboard for the Parkinson journey. Sometimes simply too painful to talk about openly and honestly, feelings are kept hidden, but like a festering sore, things won’t improve if not dealt with. Candid discussion and frank communication is the key.  

No comments:

Post a Comment