About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Still writing

Many people ask me if I am still writing at all hours of the day and night, and the answer is a resounding “yes”! Whilst most of you are sleeping soundly in your beds, some Parkinson’s patients idle away the night hours as insomnia dictates. During those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, a perfect atmosphere to immerse myself in writing. I am sure that each Parkinson’s patient finds something to while away those frustrating hours, when one would much rather be snuggled under the bed covers  peacefully drifting off into the land of dreams. So now it is light, yet another night has passed, the phone begins to ring and the familiar sounds of traffic, people walking by on the street, and the array of noise and distractions that accompany a regular day return. I wish you all a very good day, and as always, good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment