About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Appreciation

I would like to thank my dear family and friends who have shown me great support and comfort during these past few days. On the passing of my mother, being surrounded by loved ones and feeling the warmth and care clearly demonstrated has given me the strength to get through this sad but inevitable time. No one likes going to funerals, but making the effort to attend on a cold windy day or paying a condolence call, shows respect not only to the person who has passed on, but to the grieving family. I appreciate everyone who came and rallied around me, lifting me up at this difficult time. I know it’s hard knowing what to say in these circumstances, but merely showing up speaks volumes, a hug or a few simple words are all that it takes to make a difference. I am touched and honoured to have so many wonderful people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment