About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The best ammunition

Having experienced how stress and worry can speed up exacerbating Parkinson’s disease at an alarming speed, the best ammunition against this terror is to keep busy, remain as calm and cheerful as possible and having a sense of humour and fun is of the utmost importance. I absolutely refuse to let Parkinson’s get the better of me. I have strong conviction, a fighting spirit, and much to do; I deny Parkinson’s to get the upper hand.  Seeing that I don't work and am quite ill, you wouldn't believe how busy I am. There don’t appear to be enough hours in the day, and I'm perpetually exhausted, but all this is keeping me going. Cyril Northcote Parkinson  wrote “Parkinson’s Law” and I quote: Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion. Rather appropriately my days are filled with this ever expanding project of mine to bring greater awareness through my book, writing this blog, speaking engagements and all that has spiralled off making this mission a full time endeavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment