About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

No Oscar Nomination

Sitting at the dining table, I was suddenly hit by a wave of nausea, dizziness and then the strangest thing happened to my eyesight. The best way I can describe what I was seeing, is if you can imagine looking at an old 8mm cine film that has reached the end, getting stuck on the same frame, the picture in front of your eyes keeps flickering up and down. This disconcerting eye movement shaking my equilibrium thankfully lasts only approximately 20 seconds at a time, (for now). Having a routine check-up with my wonderful Neurologist, I was told this interesting although disturbing phenomena is called:  Opsillopsia, which is normally associated with neurological disorders. How delighted am I (this is said with great sarcasm) that I now have yet another symptom to add to my ever growing array that makes my life far from boring! I love watching films, so I guess Opsillopsia (if one can even pronounce it) is quite fitting, making me feel that I'm constantly at the cinema. Someone recently hearing about my life said to me, “your story would make a great film”, which left me a little uncertain, not entirely sure this was a compliment. However, I seriously doubt that anyone has ever been nominated or won an Oscar for having Gaucher, Parkinson’s and Opsillopsia.

No comments:

Post a Comment