About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Thank you

I feel compelled to write about the incredible staff at the Retirement Home where my mother lived for the past few years. Working there is not simply a job; it is a vocation, which they do professionally and with great dedication. Every person in the 24 hour care unit is someone’s mother or father, and the way in which they are treated with dignity and compassion is heart-warming. To know that my mother has been in such caring hands has enabled me to sleep soundly at night, feeling confident that she was in the best possible place. Each member of the staff perform different duties, working together to create a highly proficient team.  They receive little thanks or response from those they tirelessly take care of, day in and day out, and the work is highly physical and emotionally demanding. I paid close attention every time I visited and was nothing but impressed by their unending patience and consideration.  I do not have enough words to express my feelings of deep gratitude. I will never forget their kindness and thank them all from the bottom of my heart in making my mother’s last year’s so happy and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment