About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Good morning

Waking in the morning, it’s almost as if my body has lain still in one position the entire night and frozen. The stiffness and rigidity with which my body is encapsulated is incredibly painful rendering it difficult for me to move let alone actually get out of bed. I presume this is how most Parkinson’s patients wake up in the morning. This is how I start my day, and no doubt millions of others just like me.This may sound strange, but I have it on good authority that silk sheets make it easier to roll over and move in bed. Several people with Parkinson’s have told me this, so I shall give it a try. It’s amazing how just a shortage of a chemical in the brain, is responsible for changing one’s life so drastically, the repercussions of which fan out to the rest of the family and friends who are stoic enough to stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment