About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I’m not Elaine from Seinfeld

I was speaking on the phone the other day, and the person on the other end couldn't hear me too well, and kept asking my name. I said “Elaine”, to which he asked “Helen?” I said “No, my name is Elaine” trying to annunciate loud and clear, but he still couldn't hear properly and asked “Eileen?” Now feeling a little frustrated and almost shouting into the phone I said “Elaine, like Elaine in Seinfeld”. As soon as I mentioned Seinfeld, he got my name right! Then came the kicker, “Do you dance like Elaine?” Almost feeling insulted I was about to say “no”, but then realised in the sitcom ‘Seinfeld’, the character ‘Elaine’ does in fact dance in a jerky, spasmodic fashion, not dissimilar to a Parkinson’s patient. My name is Elaine and yes I do dance kind of funny but I'm not the ‘Elaine’ from Seinfeld!

No comments:

Post a Comment