About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A patient patient!

I am trying to be a patient patient, taking things easy, hoping that over time I will recover from my recent set-back. This is harder said than done, since I am not one for lying in bed and doing nothing. It’s good from an emotional and physical point of view to keep occupied and busy when chronically ill, yet there are times when one has to simply be patient, letting time, rest and sleep restore one’s health. I find this a hard balancing act, keeping active whilst not over taxing myself. Knowing I need to slow down, I had to decide which activities were the most important to continue and those that for the time being can be put on hold. I have had some help in the last few weeks from a friend who is a terrific organiser and types extremely quickly, for I found myself over run with e-mails and questions, but I was not in any condition to tackle typing with one finger! I would like to thank her so much for lending a hand. Now feeling much better and able to type again with both hands I will start to work through the e-mails that I have received in the last few weeks. I hope you’ll forgive me if I answer a few of your short questions together. As always I honour your privacy and withhold all names. I will in time get to answer all those that require personal replies, so please bear with me and I thank you for your patience.

“Dopamine” is the generic name, but possibly in some countries, a different name may appear on the box, but inside on the slip of paper you will see the generic name mentioned somewhere.

If you feel something is wrong with your vision – don’t just put it down to Parkinson’s, please get your eyes checked immediately by an eye doctor.

Any kind of physical activity you can safely manage is great, whether it’s a special class for PD sufferers, or simply doing your own thing, be it walking or dancing in your kitchen! Just keep mobile any way you can.


1 comment:

  1. Elaine,
    I can't think of many people who would even bother to reply to mails while feeling the way you do. I see you picking out the letters with two fingers and wonder where you get the patience and strength of character to do so.
    I hope that you will soon feel much better.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete