About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Narrative Medicine is spreading

Narrative medicine is becoming a popular and recognised important tool in medical practice. Now taught in many medical schools as a regular part of the syllabus, this welcome addition helps doctors and patients alike. Seeing the entire picture/story of the patient is much more helpful in ensuring a correct quick diagnosis and applying the best treatment plan. When there is a piece of the puzzle/story missing, the task becomes much harder for the doctor or medical team taking care of you. Withholding information because you think it bears no relevance or is simply too personal or embarrassing could be detrimental. I don’t think there is much, a well-seasoned doctor hasn’t heard before, and you’d be challenged I’m sure to find something that would truly shock a physician. Should you happen to receive a fresh new green, straight out of medical school doctor taking care of you, just think of the learning opportunity you are giving him/her. So next time you are at a doctor’s appointment, don’t hold back; spill the beans, tell your whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment