About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Getting older

Sometimes having one’s good health torn away, is like a huge wake up call. I hear so many people complain about getting older. It occurs to me that if one is blessed with good health and longevity, it is not a "right" to grow old but a "privilege". The thought of growing old doesn't scare me at all, as I greet silver grey hair, laugh lines; hopefully tempered with wisdom and experience gained over the years. I welcome each passing year as a blessing with open arms. No one wants to spend their "golden years" in poor health, but with today's advancements in medicine, there is no reason to waste unfounded worry for fear of something that may not happen as one gets older. I would be privileged to reach a ripe old age, hopefully with my marbles intact. At a local retirement home, there are many residents in their senior years, some well into their nineties who still enjoy a good quality of life, activities and a busy social life. It's wonderful to see these vibrant and valuable examples in our community of what growing old can be if in good health with a sound mind. So don't stand in the shadows or on the side lines, get in there and enjoy your life; let your hair down, be all you can, and with courage of conviction do what you were intended to, follow your destiny. Grasp life with both hands and make the most of this ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment