About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Parkinson's Parisian style

Parkinson's disease can affect anyone - irrespective if you're male or female, young or old, your origins and background; all of which bear no consequence to this villainous thief that waltzes in and takes over millions of lives around the world. Like a mad lottery run amock, some of us simply get a bad draw, and are diagnosed with Parkinson's. Reading an article recently about the legendary designer, Sonia Rykiel, who personifies Parisian chic style; she was instrumental in changing the world of fashion as we know it today. It's hard to imagine this vibrant power house of a talented energetic woman being diagnosed with Parkinson's at the age of 66. Yet she continues undeterred and like many of us; creativity remains high on her agenda. I was interested to learn that apart from her contribution to the world of fashion, she has written several books. If you have never been creative; diagnosed with Parkinson's wont magically bring out these qualities, but it makes me wonder what are the statistics of Parkinson's patients who were always creative prior to diagnosis. Whether it be writing, painting, sculpturing, wood work, acting or in Sonia's case helping shape the world of fashion - it's an interesting thought! As a fellow sufferer, Sonia shares something in common with me, for we both had a parent also with Parkinson's, and we both appear to have the 'happy gene', although I'm sure in France they call it 'joie de vivre' (joy of living). Never having been to Paris before, it is one of the things on my 'bucket list', and I hope very much that I manage to make it there one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment