About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Someone is listening

Someone wrote on Facebook yesterday how it's a daily struggle being in pain or feeling sick on the inside while you look fine on the outside. You may know someone who has an invisible illness (Parkinson's, Gaucher, Crohn's, Anxiety, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Depression, Diabetes, Lupus, MSME, Arthritis, Cancer, heart disease, Epilepsy, Autism, Dyslexia, etc.) Being chronically ill, but appearing normal and healthy on the outside is a huge problem and can be very frustrating. I am writing this today to prove a point, that although you may sometimes feel alone, someone is always listening;  there is support and help if you ask for it. People have preconceived ideas of what an ill or disabled person should look like or how they should behave. These preconceptions are often wrong. I am by nature a cheery person who smiles a lot, and this is not what people expect to see when hearing I suffer from Gaucher and Parkinson's disease. My cheerful exterior confuses those who do not understand chronic disease. Having a good support system is without doubt very important and the Internet has brought people together from across the globe with a common thread, that holds us together and gives us strength. With today's modern technology, Face Book, e-mail countless sites on the Internet, finding someone who can relate to what you are going through isn't hard to find. Realising you are not alone in your daily struggles makes each day a little easier to bear. I am here listening. If you want to write - I will reply, if you have a question I will answer. You are not alone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment