About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Pain is draining


I am extremely tired and everything takes a great deal of effort these days. Even concentrating or focusing on a simple task, takes perseverance and energy. Waking in the morning, I am immediately made aware of the pain that racks my body, and the rigidity making it very hard to move, let alone get out of bed. Gaucher and Parkinson's; a worse combination would probably be hard to find. Pain from both diseases is extremely tiring and wearing. I don't know how much longer I can keep up writing and all the other activities that sprang forth when my book "Parkinson's, shaken, not stirred" was published in 2011. It has been an eventful ride and I have made contact with some amazing people - all like minded, with one common dream in mind; a cure for Parkinson's. 
Having been totally pre-occupied with moving house, I haven't had my hair cut for some months now. With no mirrors yet in our house, it wasn't until my husband hung a full length mirror in the bedroom yesterday; that I got a shock seeing what I look like. My thick hair had grown into a bush, resembling someone who had been pulled through a hedge backwards. I immediately phoned our hairdresser, and thankfully he managed to fit me in. Having my hair washed at the hairdresser is so much more comfortable than me struggling at home. To hold my arms up and effectively wash my hair and rinse out thoroughly the shampoo and conditioner is hard to do, and much easier with someone's assistance. I have little strength in my arms and hands and even my fingers are swollen and painful. Any way enough of me griping, it's not in my nature; I have much to be grateful for and refuse to let ill health get the better of me, and will continue to maintain a positive attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment