About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Made to measure shower bench

Having a special built-in bench in our shower, I was asked by our builder what size the seat had to be. The height was easy to work out, and able to immediately give him the measurement, but he also needed to know how deep to make the seat. Ladies; have you ever put on a pair of trousers and asked your husband "do these make my butt look big?" Of course, a man never knows if to answer truthfully and bear the consequences, or if he is supposed to tactfully lie; left totally confused and clueless as to what is expected of him. Well you can imagine my surprise at the builder asking such a personal question, not expecting to be asked how big my bottom is and what size seat I would require, but upon reflection, he was just doing his job. After having a wonderful shower yesterday, sitting comfortably on my little bench, that has been made custom made especially for me, I now understand the importance of knowing the size of my rear-end! The bench looks tiny, so next time I feel I look large in a piece of clothing, instead of asking that dreaded question of my husband, much to his relief, all I need do is go and look at my shower bench to be reassured. They say that size doesn't matter, but sometimes it does, so when I see my tiny shower bench it makes me feel so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment