About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Take back your life


If you are letting Parkinson's rule the day, take hold of your life and get back in the driving seat; control what you can and make necessary changes in your lifestyle for the best quality of life possible. Don't let Parkinson's get the better of you. Gather your strength and fight tooth and nail if you have to. It is easy to slip under, becoming lethargic and surrender to this unrelenting disease, but it takes great determination and a fighting spirit to keep going, staying positive and never giving up hope. It's an uphill battle most days for Parkinson's sufferers along with their caregivers. I am no different from you. I have good days and bad days, I have dreams and I have fears; we all do. I have been writing a daily blog since September 2011 with the aim of sharing my thoughts and experiences as I journey forward in life, speaking honestly, I hope I have given you food for thought. There are many official sites on the Internet written by doctors or scientists revealing a fortune of valuable pertinent  information. However educational these sites are, they have been written by those studying or working with Parkinson's but don't actually suffer from this disease. I  write in a straight forward raw manner from the patient's perspective. Only a Parkinson's sufferer can truly understand another, and only a caregiver can totally empathise with other carers. I've had Parkinson's for six years now, and my body is tired. I'm not talking about the kind of tired where a good night's sleep will suffice; I'm talking of total exhaustion that makes one wonder how much more one can take; I can barely move my body in the mornings from the pain and rigidity. Yet I force myself to get up and continue to write. People from all around the world are reading my poetry, my blog and articles, so it is in fact you, my readers, I have to thank, for you give me reason to keep writing. 

1 comment:

  1. We love you...xoxo always, Linda and Chaim

    ReplyDelete