About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lady bird


A friend of mine who loves lady birds (ladybugs) has them everywhere, and I decided to adopt this cheerful harmless bug as my symbol too. When travelling abroad, we take my wheelchair with, and let's face it, most look pretty much the same. I would love one in cornflower blue or an outrageous fuchsia pink, but the manufacturers seem to lack imagination and stick to their regimented black and silver grey metal frames. To make it easier to quickly identify my wheelchair when flying, I found some lady bird stickers, and stuck them on the metal frame at the sides, enabling us to spot my chair immediately as it was removed from the hold. I then added these stickers to my crutches, making them personalized so that I don't take someone else's by mistake. I had the same mobile phone as my daughter some time ago, a simple phone which is easy for me to use, but both our phones were black and identical, very easy to mix up, so again I put a ladybird sticker on my phone and its charger so there would be no mistake. the same applied to my MP3 player and it's charger. In today's hi-tech world we all have mobile phones, and chargers for various equipment, and I've found using my simple ladybird sticker system quite effective. So now anything in our home with a ladybird on it, undoubtedly is mine! You too might find it helpful to adopt your own symbol and tag all your things - it just makes life a little easier. 


No comments:

Post a Comment