About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Serenity

As I am writing this blog today, every delicious sip of my Cadbury's hot drinking chocolate is somehow comforting in the early morning chill, for it is not yet 07:00. You might still be fast asleep, or maybe you're on the other side of the world and just finishing a working day. We all lead busy lives, whether healthy or not, and in life's fast pace today, everyone needs a little serenity. Serenity may mean something very different to each of us. For some, it may be sitting on a mountain top, breathing in the clean air, reflecting on the dramatic view from high up. Maybe you prefer the harsh yet natural stark beauty of the desert, enjoying the silence which is almost deafening. My place of serenity is much closer, and far more accessible. I merely need to step outside and sit in my enchanted garden with my husband and our dog by my feet. Yesterday afternoon it was sunny and warm whilst sitting out in the garden; a feeling of contentment and pure serenity flowed over me, like a welcoming warm ray of sunshine and I just enjoyed being in the moment. I have been very tired of late, exhausted would be a better word, or maybe drained; but you get the idea - I'm worn out! This is when the rest of the household take over, and make supper. So what's on the menu for tonight you may well ask? Well I will just have to wait and see. 

My article in The Huffington Post this week is about April being Parkinson's Awareness Month, so please show your support and take a moment to look and pass it on to anyone you can. I wish you all a wonderful weekend and may you find your serenity and simply enjoy "being in the moment".


No comments:

Post a Comment