About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How to clean the floor

When ever I come across some useful tip or advice, I always share and pass it on. Today for anyone with Parkinson's, I have a non-conventional method of how to clean your kitchen floor with very little effort. You will need the following items:

1 glass bottle of beer (any beer will do)
1 bucket of water and floor cleaning liquid
1 mop and 1 willing daughter

Firstly make sure your hands are wet, and that it's almost time for your next pill, ensuring the maximum amount of shaking. Take one bottle of beer in your weakest hand, and let Parkinson's do the rest. You'd be amazed at how many shards of sharp glass splatter across the floor from dropping one small bottle of beer. This is where the remainder of the above-mentioned items are required. Hearing the glass smash (which is a fairly common noise in our house - thanks to Parkinson's) my daughter came rushing to the scene. Getting the dog out into the garden was our priority as she is rather partial to a drop of beer. Maybe she's a distant relative of Beasley who played the dog in the film "Turner & Hooch" with Tom Hanks. But seriously our dog doesn't drink beer; at least not when we're around. More importantly we didn't want her getting any glass shards in her paws. Within minutes my daughter had the situation in hand and we had a clean kitchen floor. One less bottle of beer, but a sparkling tiled floor! As my husband says; "There are no problems, only solutions!"

1 comment:

  1. Promoting cleanliness and hygiene at the workplace for better health and and safety of the working staff. Most of the workplace accidents are due to untidiness. Diseases and sickness are because of poor hygiene in the office. That should be taken care of.

    ReplyDelete