About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Why is today special?


What does John Wayne, Stevie Nicks, Helena Bonham Carter and one of my nephews have in common with me? This is not a trick question, and thankfully Parkinson is not the answer. I'm not going to drive you crazy trying to work it out. What we share, is the same birthday - the 26th May, be it different years. 

It's been quite a journey, but I've made it to my 50th birthday, and although my body feels like it's ancient and falling apart at the seams, inside my spirit remains strong and youthful. Within this failing shell, is a vibrant young woman who wants to dance the night away in the arms of her husband, run along the beach at the water's edge, stay up all night and watch the sunrise, jump carefree into a swimming pool, take a long walk in the forest with the dog, or go on a mammoth shopping spree with her daughter. These simple pleasures in life are no longer within my reach, but I am content and accept my circumstances and limitations. I may have lost many things, but I am lucky enough to be surrounded by loving caring family and friends, whose constant unwavering support keep me going.

I don’t know what the coming year holds in store for me, but I think my journey is far from over. Maybe this is merely the beginning of another chapter in my life. I have been writing this daily blog since September 2011, which is now read in over 70 countries around the world. I shall continue to take you, my readers, along with me, so stay with me, for you never know where it may lead. Surrounded by pink roses from my darling, and the warmth and love of those around me I definitely feel in the pink today.  I feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment