About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What do we leave behind?

It always interests me as to what people remember about a person once they have passed on. Leaving a legacy and wonderful memories that loved ones will remember and recount on numerous occasions has to be what we all hope for. I had an aunt who passed some years ago, and when I think of her, the first things that come to mind are her zest for life, a great sense of fun and her huge contagious laugh. I think we'd all like to be remembered fondly like this.

When we moved house a few months ago, we thought it would be fun to put our hands in the wet cement, a sort of permanent memento that would stay, but somehow this idea got forgotten, and with everything finished, there is no place to leave our mark. However our dog must have had the same idea, as the other day we noticed a very distinct doggy paw print in a small piece of cement near a manhole cover. Talk about "marking one's territory" or is she simply making sure we'll always remember her? OK, I'll admit, she just happened to walk on the cement when it wasn't quite dry yet, but her print is there to stay.

Talking of "staying put", last week on a visit to the hospital, we patiently waited four hours to be seen by a particular doctor. Yes FOUR hours on uncomfortable waiting room chairs!!! Do I have a patient husband or what? Not one moan, grumble or complaint!!! He is truly amazing! If you want to see the best doctor, who is in great demand, one has to be patient for any emergency cases are naturally and quite rightly seen to first. After waiting all that time, my appointment was quickly over in a few minutes and we finally left there, arriving home very tired. There's nothing more tiring than waiting around in a hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment