About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Knowing something's wrong

When we hear our inner voice telling us something's wrong, often we don't listen. Finding yourself in new circumstances, possibly in an awkward position, unsure of correct protocol, or being pressurized by an agitated person who has no empathy or time, sometimes mistakes are made. When your inner voice is telling you; "don't do this", "don't agree to these terms or conditions", "this is wrong and something doesn't feel right" - walk away. No matter how you are persuaded and coerced into doing something that you know full well is not going to end well - don't fold. Pull yourself together and just walk away. Going to a doctor or hospital, if I have to take papers with me, or a disk containing CT scans or MRI images, I always make copies before hand, so that I still have the original safely at home. Often with busy doctor's offices and most certainly in large hospitals, it does happen on occasion that a file or letter goes missing. Although much material and data today is stored on computers, we still rely on paper work and hard copies to some degree. Always be prepared with copies of important paper work. You may still want to carry with you the original in case this has to be seen, but once verified, a copy should be suffice to leave in its place, the original safely staying in your possession. Often the copies are so good today, it's difficult at a glance to recognise the original, so I sometimes write in red pencil on the back of the original clearly distinguishing it from any copies. This may sound simple advice, but we've all been guilty at one time or another of not listening to that little voice inside saying "this doesn't feel right".

No comments:

Post a Comment