About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Parkinson's doesn't get easier

When I hear people recounting their first symptoms, which led to being diagnosed with Parkinson's , the initial few signs are often mild. However as time goes by, Parkinson's has a cruel secret strategy, and other symptoms begin to appear, so what started out as merely an inconvenience or irritation, can quickly escalate to a debilitating and downright unpleasant situation. I am fighting with every fiber of my being, with every breath I take to get through each day. I dread the nights for quite often insomnia prevents me from a good night's sleep, and by morning, I am exhausted, yet still unable to rest. If there is a God somewhere watching over us, why isn't he listening to my prayers? Is he on a break or out for lunch? Parkinson's continues to harass me, for it's as stubborn as I am, and won't give up.

However I refuse to let my ill health drag me down, and won't let its suffocating effects leave me self absorbed or bitter, detaching myself from all the beauty and wonders that life has to offer. I am resolved in staying positive, enjoying spending time with my family, friends and grasping life in both hands.

All I have to do is take one look at my husband's face, and I am strengthened in spirit, for I long to grow old by his side. He is the love of my life, my soul mate; with the patience of a saint he is giving, loyal and steadfast. His moral character, compassion and heart of gold give me reason to live. With a great sense of humour, his spontaneous fun lift us in tough times, and his courage and determination support me like a suit of armour. So maybe God is watching over me after all, for he sent me an angel of a husband to be by my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment