About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Times are changing

My daughter took me for an outing the other day to a small new shopping centre nearby. I am clueless when it comes to hair products and was grateful for help choosing a hair product to try and de-frizz those rebellious grey hairs that insist on standing up like antenna on my head, even after just washing my hair. I found it rather amusing that I was asking and listening to my daughter's advice, regarding a subject that quite frankly she knows far more about than me.

What really made me stop and think, was afterwards, we came across an ice-cream parlour and she asked if I'd like to go in. I never used to like ice-cream, but since diagnosed with Parkinson's, don't ask me why, I now crave this cool refreshing, easy to swallow desert. We went into the small yet appealing shop and saw the wide range of enticing handmade chocolates, mini deserts, frozen yoghurt and ice-creams with all the different toppings you could imagine. I settled for one small simple scoop of coffee ice-cream, and only then found that my daughter wasn't having anything at all. As I sat enjoying the creamy tasty treat, I suddenly realised how the times had changed. Just a few years ago, before I was diagnosed with Parkinson's and was much more mobile, I would take my late mother out for an ice-cream which she loved, and I would sit next to her waiting for her to finish. So here was the next generation in my family repeating what I had done.

No comments:

Post a Comment