About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Parkinson's Stains

With shaking hands, unsteadily holding cutlery, hoping and praying that I don't drop food down the front of my clothes leaving stains, eating in public is sometimes a nightmare. Going to a restaurant used to be such a treat and enjoyable experience. I'd look at the menu and peruse all the appetising dishes, choosing something that I would not attempt to make at home. Today is a very different matter, for when looking at a menu, my first thought is how easy will this dish be to eat? Anything that involves spaghetti, linguine, couscous, peas, or a steak on a bone that requires great dexterity to dissect, I immediately eliminate, as they will be difficult for me to eat.
I always carry wet wipes in my handbag, have done for years, but originally began due to owning a dog who has the nasty habit of drooling and using the nearest person as a towel. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have apologised to complete strangers for our dog smearing her slimy goo on their attire. I began to notice when family came to visit, how they would dress down, knowing full well our darling canine, without doubt would leave her mark on their clothing. Wet wipes thankfully remove the unfortunate and embarrassing daubing.

I don't know what is in wet wipes, but the chemical or secret ingredient they contain is magic indeed. Now I carry these in my handbag (individually wrapped ones) for if I spill anything on my clothes when out, these wonderful wipes usually remove most stains immediately. If you have Parkinson's, a small piece of advice, is to always carry wet wipes with you when going out!

No comments:

Post a Comment