About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, July 10, 2015

Men V Women

Men and women are intrinsically different. I am not talking about physical differences – I am referring to the psychological state, where one’s emotions can either make or break a situation. It is in a woman’s very nature to question, persisting in getting not just one answer, but several if not satisfied. Men and women handle ill health in very different ways. Women usually share with one another, thereby alleviating some of the isolation experienced by anyone living with a serious on-going long term disease.

Coping techniques are important tools in living with ill health. Women are usually more willing than men to open up, revealing feelings that are often kept hidden. Getting to the root of a problem, not leaving anything hidden and uncovering difficult topics that require airing, is a healthy mental attitude. Like peeling back the countless layers of an onion, revealing oneself can be scary and evoke feelings of vulnerability. Anything worthwhile in life takes work, energy and motivation, so don’t be afraid to peel back those onion skins, to reach your full potential. 

What have I been up to this week? With a young puppy in the house, life is not dull that's for sure. Grab your cup of coffee and take a moment to read my latest article in The Huffington Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment