About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Chicken soup with Attitude!

There is something undeniably wholesome and comforting in steaming hot chicken soup. Add some delicate thin noodles and you have a bowl of liquid heaven, that imbibed holds magical powers and secrets passed down from mothers to daughters through the generations. Each family has their own version that sets their soup apart from others, but the main elements remain and chicken soup is known for its soothing and comforting properties that act like a tonic.

I do little cooking now, but decided to attempt making a pot of chicken soup. Knowing how my hands often shake and lack dexterity, I don’t shake salt or spices straight into the food for fear of an enthusiastic shake too much, will render the dish inedible. Having a senior moment, or perhaps it was a Parkinson’s moment, I forgot and shook pepper straight into the bubbling pot of soup. I wasn’t quick enough and it was too late to try and scoop out some of the pepper.


When my family politely ate my chicken soup that night, it went very quiet around the table as they sipped the golden hot nectar. It was way too hot! Not in heat, but in a peppery spicy way. I apologised to them for spoiling the soup, but they were determined not to let a little pepper get in the way of them eating my chicken soup. “It’s chicken soup with attitude” my husband told me. He always has the most amazing way of looking at things, even when there seems little hope, he endeavours to find something positive in everything.

Take a look at my latest article on The Huffington Post. Wishing you all a very good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment